Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Look Before You Leap


A funny thing happened on the way to the farm, I mean salon, this morning. I sort of backed over Kristi's car. Now, not totally over it....just somewhat over it. It's been my biggest fear for a long time and I finally met it head on, not exactly how I wanted to. After me looking at Kayla with eyes as big as saucers, I quickly put the car in park and got out to assess the damage. There was a huge stripe of red paint across my back fender that I hurriedly toweled off, but I was really more worried about Kristi's car at the moment. I don't know where she gets it, but she's so anal about it, geez. I was relieved that it looked to be fairly minor. I wasn't even going to tell her about it, but I knew if I didn't, "Motor Mouth" (aka Kayla) would. So I sat Kristi down and went into this huge diatribe about how material things are so overrated and that the important things in life are the things that we can't wrap our hands around. And then, I went on to say, "You know, Kristi, you really shouldn't park your car at the very end of the driveway". Now, it was her turn for her eyes to become as big as saucers. In the end, we all had a good laugh about the whole situation. Well, all but David, anyway. But as he always does, he'll get over it.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...