Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Get Ready, Karen!

It's Thursday morning and I think my jet lag is subsiding. I'm not really sure if I had any jet lag to begin with. It was more like an excuse to be lazy, like I like to be. Somewhere along my trip home, I missed a day. I leave on a Monday and the next thing I know it's Wednesday. This time zone thing with an added twenty hours of traveling confuses me so. The trip was great, though. I had a window seat and no one sitting next to me. It doesn't get any better than that. My only bad experience was not being able to get my peanut butter through airport security. I begged, but she took it and tossed it anyway. Oh, the little things that can bring tears to my eyes. I pulled myself up by the seat of my pants and like a big girl, I got over it. So, anyway, here I sit in Doha just in time for Ramadan. Remember...thirty days of no restaurants or malls being open during daylight hours? And trust me, when sundown hits you don't want to be caught on any Doha streets when the Muslims are high tailing it to wherever they're going to "break their fast". Think about it...they're tired and hungry from staying up all night and eating so that they're prepared for their fast the following day. It's a vicious cycle. By the end of Ramadan, it's a frenzy out there as all those nights are paying a toll on their fasting, sleepless bodies. If you recall, my soon to be out of here friend, Karen, said that when I get back to Doha to be ready to hit the ground running. Well, I'm here and I'm afraid there won't be anywhere to run since her last days here fall in Ramadan. Trust me, we'll give it hell trying, so Karen....Get Ready!!





To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...