Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reflections



It was our third day home after our vacation run and we decided it was time to "get back into" working out. Not that I ever stopped. I've never walked so much in my life as I did in Paris. I didn't exactly slouch in Stuttgart or Lucerne, either. David brought his lifeline "tens unit" and hooked me up a few times to bring my aching back to life again. He missed his calling. He was lining us up and curing all our ails. So yesterday evening he headed to the gym as I donned his iPod that he loaded with country music for me and hit the pavement in the "hood". The evening was cool and windy with the smell of rain wafting through the air. It was invigorating, almost electric, transferring me back to summer squalls in southeast Texas. Then a song come on entitled, "Life Ain't Always Beautiful" by Gary Allan, Jr. I was lost in the lyrics with this unbelievable sense of uplifting as I was keeping pace. I was thinking about all the "not so good" things that have happened to us and those around us, but marveled at how the grace of God has always presented itself to bring us through those times. Our blessings have way outnumbered the struggles. No, life ain't always beautiful, but it is a beautiful ride.




thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...