Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tailor Time

Ok, one more why I love Doha story before I take off. Yesterday at approximately 4:30pm, I decided that I needed a pair of pants hemmed for my trip. Someone had mentioned a tailor in the compound named Abdulazziz, so I thought what the heck and gave him a call. He told me he'd be at my villa in thirty minutes...a tailor that makes house calls? He arrived at my door right on cue, picked up my pants and delivered them back to my villa at 9:00pm. That's what I call door to door service. Oh, and the price? QR10, which is a whopping $2.75! Of course, I tipped him well, so that if I'm in crisis, again, he will be happy to oblige. I just had to share this tidbit of info while I sit at the airport sipping on coffee awaiting our flight. Thanks for all the well wishes. See y'all in Paris!



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...