Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, November 19, 2007

From Soccer to The Red Arrows

Have y'all given up on me. My daughter just informed me that I haven't blogged in over a week. Shame on me. We were in Abu Dhabi for four days for Kristi's soccer tournament, so cut me some slack, Kayla. Kristi and her team played a good tournament. They didn't win, but the experience was great. Kristi stayed with a family that lives in Abu Dhabi and that was responsible for getting her to the games and playing host to her. We on the other hand, unfortunately, stayed at The Sands Hotel which was billed as a 5-Star, but I would beg to differ. Anyway, all in all it was a nice time. There was a bit of sadness, though. It was the closing of a sporting era that we have so enjoyed for the last 20 years or so. I guess we have to wait for the grandkids to come along to get all tied up in sports, again. On second thought, maybe we could use a break. We flew in from Abu Dhabi Saturday night and met Kayla at the Doha airport. She had arrived from Austin just an hour or so before us. Yesterday, the girls and I went down to the Corniche for an aerobatic show performed by The Red Arrows from the U.K. They performed out over the bay with some really nice maneuvers. It was a lot of fun. You know, one of those things that you say "we oughta go", but you never get in the car to go. Well, we did it and were happy that we did. Look closely in the picture with the three planes, one of those planes is flying upside down. Kayla pointed that out to me, you know how observant I can be...or not. They also did a palm tree formation that I missed, because I had parked my truck Doha style and was being honked at from afar to come move my car. If you can't beat'em, join'em. Other than the air show, we've been doing the usual eating & shopping...the two main Doha pastimes. Kayla's visit will be short, so we have to get it all in while we can. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...