Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Qatar 101

Ok guys, it's time for a quick geography lesson. Some people still do not understand where we actually live. My mom, for example, freaked out when she found out that we have a birds eye view of Saudi Arabia. She just figured this out when my Aunt Marge (hey, Aunt Marge!!) was reading her my Inland Sea story the other night. Mom, I'm not meaning to single you out...but I do have to have something to blog about. So click on the Qatar map and familiarize yourselves with the area. Yes, we do border Saudi Arabia. Not only that, we are sitting on the Persian Gulf staring out across Iran. Just kidding, mom, we can't actually see Iran with the naked eye...maybe with some good binoculars though. While your checking out the map, notice Abu Dhabi east of Qatar. That's where we're heading tomorrow (Wednesday) morning for Kristi's soccer tournament. We'll fly back Saturday night & Kayla will be at the airport waiting on us, as her flight arrives a little before us. She'll be here for Thanksgiving Dinner which we will be sharing with the rest of the Chevron Phillips employees and families. We'll actually celebrate it on Friday, since we are in Qatar & there's no such holiday for the guys. Remember, Friday is the weekend so they will be off. Kayla heads back out at 2:00am on Saturday. A short visit for such a long trip, but we'll take what we can get. On another note, I failed y'all today. As I was heading home after dropping Kristi at a school function, I saw a little Nissan pickup truck driving around with a loose ram in the back. I didn't really think anything at first, but then had to chuckle...only in Doha. I had my camera in the backseat, but wasn't quick enough at the draw. I promise, from here on out it won't be out of my reach. You see, I've already made good of my word. That's Kristi calling KFC to oder chicken burger meals for delivery. David told me to bring home food. I one upped him, I had the Colonel deliver it.


Todays Trivia: Queen Elizabeth is 81 years of age
The Queen Mum died at age 101 in March, 2002

1 comment:

  1. have fun!! i'll see you at the airport when ya'll return Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...