Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, November 24, 2007

We're Still Giving Thanks!

We dropped Kayla at the Doha Airport last night around 11:30pm. She should be in London right now, waiting on her connection to Atlanta and then on to Austin. I don't envy her right in the least. We're making the trek from Doha on December 17th, arriving in Austin on the 18th. I'ts going to be a marathon flight for us. I sort of procrastinated booking our flight (you know, the credit card game...waiting for that cutoff on the billing cycle!). So, you know what that gets you? A 30 hour flight home. We're flying Doha to Kuwait, Kuwait to Washington, D.C., D.C to Chicago, Chicago to Austin. I'm already exhausted just thinking about it. Our first layover in Kuwait is five hours. Coming back to Doha will be much better...Austin to D.C., then D.C. to Doha. Much simpler. The good news is that the extra eight hours or so of delays is saving us $1000 on the three flights. If my calculations are correct, that equates to $125 an hour for waiting. I have to look for that silver lining somewhere. On to more important things...food. Our Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday turned out great. Turkey, dressing and all the usual trimmings. There were about 36 guests in all. Our neighbor, amazingly fit four round tables each seating nine people in her livingroom. The only thing missing was the Dallas Cowboys. They were actually televised live here, but I didn't feel like setting my alarm for 1:00am. I settled for a few peeks of the replay the next morning. Signing off from sunny Doha where the current temp is 82 degrees with 45% humidity.

***Enjoyed your visit, Kayla...have a safe trip. we love you!***

Kayla's visit in pics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...