Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

On this Day...


On This Day, May 21...Back In Time


Events

1881 - The American Red Cross is established by Clara Barton

1917 - Great Atlanta fire of 1917

1927 - Charles Lindbergh touches down at Le Bourget Field in Paris, completing the world's first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean.

1945 - United States screen legend Humphrey Bogart marries actress Lauren Bacall.

Birthdays

1948 - Leo Sayer, English musician who makes me feel like dancing :) Are you diggin' it?



1952 - Mr. T, American actor MrT2

1960 - Jeffrey Dahmer, American serial killer (d. 1994)

The moral of this blog......?



ONE of us needs to get a life!


To leave a comment, click on the title of the post beneath the entry date, and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...