Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Unbirthday Results




I've been called to the carpet. My fellow Pixel Chick, Karen (left), has informed me that since I've found all these bells and whistles for my blog I haven't been taking pictures. So, to make up for it I guess I'll give y'all a follow up on the Unbirthday party. Actually, there was no crying at this party, more like a bunch of females cackling. We had around twenty gals willing and ready to share their culinary skills and what better taste testers than ourselves. We were heavy on the salad side which meant carbo loading, but hey, who's "zoning" these days? I'm referring to a wonderful diet by Dr. Barry Sears called, "The Zone". To put it mildly, I've been on a very loose version of the Zone, since I left the USA. For those that don't know, I've often been accused of being the "Zone Nazi", "The Food Monitor" and other variations of the food police. Anyway, you can bet your last dollar that I wasn't eying anyone's food but my own. We had the usual Chinese gift exchange, but this one was more like a contact sport. I've never seen so much stealing and running around to get the perfect gift. No one was playing nice in this group. Myself included. Karen had just stolen an ornamental jug (my purchase) from someone and was so excited, only to have it immediately ripped from her grasp by me. Sorry, Karen. At one point, I stood up and craned my neck to get a better look at what someone had opened and my Tea Tour supposed friend, Lora, screams out, "Sit down Sybil, it's something to cook with!". Geez, as Mr. Dangerfield would say, "I don't get no respect".

1 comment:

  1. haha!! i love that Lora said "it's something to cook with". that made my evening! your ornamental jug looks beautiful!! i look forward to the day you come back to the states with all of your new decorations!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...