Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Al Who?


Thanks, Shabina, for posting the following video on

Doha's information station, DohaNews tumblr page.

Stephen Colbert can be absolutely brilliant in his cavalier interviewing style and the video below with Ayman Mohyeldin of Al Jazeera News Network based in Doha Qatar (yep, that's us guys) is no exception. Ayman does a great job on the receiving end of Colbert's dishing and keeps his cool and composure on Al Jazeera's behalf. Al Jazeera conjures bad images in the States, maybe because we never heard their name without the mentioning of Bin Laden in the same sentence. Since living in Qatar, I've enjoyed watching their "slant" on the news...some with which I agree and some with which I don't. Hmm, sounds like news in America, which varies greatly from MSNBC to Fox. Kristi, of Qatari Adventures has even looked into a summer internship with Al Jazeera, to her paternal grandmother's dismay and to her maternal grandmother's, "Al who?".



To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...