Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Cats R Us

It seems like only yesterday that I was assisting in a kitten delivery at my front doorstep. As of Saturday morning, fertile Myrtle has bingo-ed, again. This time she had the decency to take refuge in our patio mini jungle and spare me the gory details. Nonetheless, she has added four youngin's to Doha's ever growing cat population. We tried to capture Momma cat, as we affectionately call her, after popping out her last litter, but failed miserably. Two of those (Spitty and Honey~we have to stop naming the strays, it somehow validates our ownership) live in our backyard and I'm thinking four more will eat us out of house and home. Come hell or high water, we're catching her this time around and taking care of her reproducing ways. Like David told me years ago regarding my own fertility, it's time to stop having them and start raising them. Amen, I say.

Note: Below are dumpster diving cats around our villas that I captured with my cell phone on my morning walk. These are not rare scenes, but the usual, unfortunately.

Moral of the story: Please spay or neuter your pets. Cats in Qatar is a non profit organization dedicated to helping foster care and rehome cats and kittens in Qatar. Click on the Feral Cats tab to learn about their trap neuter and return program.
















To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...