Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Doha Skyline


I found a great spot to capture Doha's ever growing skyline. I wish so much that I had a picture from this same vantage point when we arrived in Qatar in June of 2007. Since then, this place has "blown up". I can only imagine what it will look like in 2022 for the World Cup.

Not exactly what a lot of people envision
when they first hear of the tiny country of Qatar.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. My David found this for you...

    http://intlxpatr.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/doha-2003-doha-now/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that absolutely amazing?! In 8 years a metropolis has literally sprung up out of the sand. ~And they're just now getting cranked up! Tell David thanks, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you look at the top panorama 'shot' in the link David found, you can see the Sheraton hotel on the right, dwarfed by the other buildings. When I left Doha in 1985 the Sheraton was the tallest thing on the skyline by FAR!! How things change...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine having lived here in the 80's! It's definitely a thriving place these days.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...