Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Zvonareva Rules in Doha



And the winner is...

A very excited Vera Zvonareva from Russia








Defeating World #1 Caroline Wozniacki from Denmark

in the Qatar Ladies Tennis Open 2011




And as always in Doha, expect the unexpected with great entertainment between matches. This time it was crazy somersaults off a bouncy beam with spot on landings every time.




Hold the press ~ Is that Betty Burqa next to me??


Add to all that some fun people to share our VIP meal at the quarter finals catered by The Four Seasons (ooh~la~la) and you have the perfect weekend. So, who doesn't love Doha?


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous! It looks like a wonderful time.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, I've been thinking about you more than usual through all this tennis. Then I started reminiscing about our two wheeling sighting on our mosque picture taking tour. Those were the days, yeah? Will try really hard to see you guys this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...