Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Qatar International Rally


Gentlemen, start your engines...








Some weren't as worried about winning as hamming for the cam

It was not an easy task, but David and I tracked down the location of the Qatar International Rally 2011 races this afternoon. Who says Qatar is a tiny country? Trust me, there was a lot of desert to be covered in this undertaking. We could have saved a lot of venturing, if we had only known to begin with to turn at "two tire road".

Some didn't leave the same way they got there

and this Jeep was hands down the winner in the looks category ;P

Special thanks to "the navigator" who got me out of
the desert before sunset


P.S. No idea who did what in this race. The main objective for us was just to enjoy the beautiful weather we are having. Here's the site if you want details on the who, what, when, and where~Qatar International Rally
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sybil,

    I like your little tale of finding the Qatar Rallye. But where excactly was it?

    Cheers,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday's race was past the U.S. air force base on Salwa Road. Today's races are supposed to be just past Al Wakra coming from Doha airport area. The site says 2:00, but my husband is watching the live tracking on their site and it appears they are headed to the track now. Look for all the flying dust!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...