Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Kaarwa to the Rescue

Day 2

David was off to work this morning and Kristi off to school. That left Dustin, Kayla and me on our on to hit the streets. A slight snafu, though...no vehicle. We only have one car and David had arranged for me to have it the entire week. As he sat drinking his coffee and waiting on his ride, he noticed it was getting pretty late. Apparently there was a misunderstanding, no ride was forthcoming. No worry, Kaarwa taxi was to our aid. The earliest they could pick us up was 11:30am, which made Kayla quite happy as she slept in a little later this morning. Dustin, on the other hand had done his morning routine before I got up at 7:00am. Who are these children? We planned on walking the Corniche this morning, but that wouldn't work out quite as well not having the car so we opted for Villagio Mall. We mainly window shopped and let Dustin absorb the Doha scene. He said he hasn't quite been able to compartmentalize this country, but he thinks he likes it. He couldn't get over how "happy" the restaurant servers always seem to be...always ready to please. He got a little nervous when our waiter, Jesus, popped my napkin and put it on my lap and then headed to Kayla. Dustin quickly grabbed his and managed to get it on his lap before Jesus could make it around the table. Too close for comfort for Dust. Jesus asked where we were from and when we replied Texas, America he said with a gleam in his eyes, "aaah, I saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre...and I liked it". Wow, the Filipinos impression of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...