Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, March 7, 2008

Planes, Trucks, and Washing Machines

I just opened an email that Kayla and Dustin made it to D.C. and they should be somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean right now. They left Austin yesterday (for me) at 4:52pm connecting in D.C. at 10:25pm. We will be picking them up from the airport at 7:00 tonight... David's favorite thing to do on a Friday night. He hates driving in Doha on the weekend, or just about any other time to set the record straight. Kristi and I will get in the truck, pass knowing glances, and do our yoga exercises praying to Allah all the while that David will have the patience to make it through the traffic without stroking out. I think it just may be working. His patience has greatly improved, which brings me to "my patience". It's unbelievable these days. Do you know that one day this week before David went to work, he dumped the laundry basket in the middle of the bedroom floor (while I was sleeping) and went on his merry way. What in the world could he have been trying to tell me? We have yet to discuss this,but I can't help but think that he had to be just a teeny bit nervous about what he had done while on his way to work. No taking it back now. Lucky for him, I thought it was hilarious. I don't know why, because if he had pulled that stunt back in Port Neches, Tx, USA he would have been in deep doodoo. Being the submissive, dutiful wife that I am, I washed and dried them and never brought the subject up. I know that seems a little far fetched for those that no me well, but it's the honest to goodness truth. BUT, I must tell you David, my dear, that I may not take it in stride next time, so I wouldn't push my luck if I were you. You never know where the harmonometer might be registering next time. There I go, again. I think I was supposed to be talking about the kids' visit. We can't wait to see them tonight and look forward to a fun filled week...Doha style.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...