Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Pixel Chicks Debut




Drumroll, please.....introducing The Pixel Chicks! Our newly formed photo club met today for the first time. Our fearless leader, Sherry tried so hard to keep us on task. A difficult task knowing that my mission in life is to derail the train, but I must say she did a pretty good job of keeping me on track. There were five of us, each bringing our own expertise to the table. I'm not sure what that is on my part, but hopefully we'll figure that out soon enough. I joined the club just to go along for the ride...you know, a little fellowship, a little food, and a whole lot of chatter. I didn't want to commit to learning, just in case I couldn't keep up with the photography lingo. I realized during the meeting that this is probably going to be more of a creative learning process rather than a technical one, which was quite a relief to me. I grasp creative better that I grasp settings, but we will touch on that and who knows maybe I can learn both. So, let your creative juices flow if you perhaps see a picture on my blog that you wonder, "why the heck did she take a picture of an apple?". Maybe, just maybe, someone will see it as a piece of art. Lol, hardly. That being said, we are meeting at the vegetable/fruit market next week for a photo shoot. We'll see just how many ways I can get fruits and vegetables to pose for me. All in the name of art. :)

Pictured above: Carmen, Karen, Kim, Sherry, & Yours Truly
Pictured right: Fredrica
Pictured bottom: Bella (honorary pixelette)

1 comment:

  1. i really like that song...it makes me miss you a little more than usual...come home soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...