Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, March 28, 2008

This Lion Ain't Sleepin'


Oh my goodness, people...I could not wait to go to bed on this Thursday weekend night. It was 10:00 p.m. and my eyes were so heavy. After barely making it up the stairs to crawl into bed, I laid there and waited for Mr. Sandman to take me away, but he didn't. I could feel the sugar and caffeine surging through my body caused from a trip to the Ritz this afternoon for high tea. So, here I am taking it out on you guys. However, we did enjoy the afternoon so much that our cozy little group decided we'd start "Tea Hopping", a nice alternative to "Bar Hopping". After this insomnia tonight, I might have to substitute warm milk at our next event. Top left is Peggy from Labelle, Tx. Practically my neighbor when I was in Port Neches, but I didn't know her until Doha. Next is Karen (you've met her), and Lora is on the right. She's from the Houston area, as is Karen. That's Karen, again, peaking out from the greenery in front of the Arabic translation of The Ritz Carlton. Notice the huge "construction" sand pile behind her, a common site in this town. So common that I didn't even notice it while taking the picture. It's just one of those things that is synonymous with Doha. And the mosque, well I just threw that in for fun. Karen and I are always talking about going on a photo taking mosque hunt (that's just about an oxymoron, as I've said before they're several in your view at all times). Anyway, on the way home this afternoon we spotted this one and thought it looked like a good one to photograph. Well, after going around the roundabout for the fourth time to get a good shot, I was getting dizzy and decided that just maybe we should pull over to take the picture. Hmm, novel idea. It's now 4:35 a.m. and this lion still ain't sleepin'. I've popped me some popcorn, played with a picture editing program I've found, and surfed the net...just no rest for the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...