Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Dave to the Rescue


You know, it's hard to remember everything when you pack up after being home in the states a couple of months. Well, I went off and left one of my lifelines...my camera battery charger. My battery totally bit the dust last night and is useless to me without my charger. Kristi has kindly packaged it up for me and put it in the mail, but it will be several weeks before it arrives. I'm a little nervous about how long the charger will take to arrive, because we are planning to take a vacation beginning October 1st for Eid Al Fitr. That's the Muslim celebration that follows the Ramadan month of fasting and all work and school in Doha ceases. As for the battery, there's hope yet...enter Tim the Tool Man. David did a little brainstorming and collected a few things around the house...he confiscated our phone power supply, some extra phone wire, a twist tie and something else that I have no idea what its original use was. It looks like an episode of Bill Nye, the Science Guy. Of course, I have no idea how this is supposed to work, but David has assured me that it will and most likely without blowing up my battery. In the mean time I've dusted off my antique digital camera to capture the Kodak moments. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...