Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Sundown in Doha



Here are a few of the pictures from our Sundown Mosque Tour that I was telling you about last week. Karen and I (and occasionally Kim) had a lot of fun chasing the sun. We discovered how hard it is to get the sun at the angle you want it without stopping in the middle of the street and that, my friend, you do not do in Doha. We did, however, do a lot of off roading in the Tahoe...over the curbs and through rock lots heading to the next mosque to see if it was lined up with the sun. Never fear, there's always another mosque down the road if the one you are at doesn't work out.






























To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

1 comment:

  1. Sybil -
    Unbelievable... I am jealous you caught this on film... Another advantage of having a camera that does it all!
    Amazing - Sher

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...