Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Syb's Top Ten

I've been back a week and I can definitely tell that I'm in Doha. If yesterday's pharmacy run didn't confirm that fact, here are a few more.

Top Ten List of How I Know I'm Back In Doha:


10. I'm screaming out loud in the car, again.

9. No hurricanes in sight

8. My washer takes exactly 1 hour and 55 minutes to wash a load

7. Kumar, my gardener, is heisting plants from empty villas and selling them to me at a premium.

6. No bacon or pork roast to be found

5. Gas is 80 cents a gallon.

4. My name has been changed back to "Madame"

3. I'm back to saying, "Excuse me, I was here before you."

2. I never hear, "Thanks, Mom...that was delicious!*

..........and the #1 reason that I know I'm back in Doha......

(JUST SHOOT ME NOW)

1. The temperature is higher than my weight.


*No matter what we have for dinner, this is Kristi's canned response. She can eat a bowl of cereal in the kitchen and walk through the den saying her usual, "Thanks, Mom. It was delicious!" She has done this without missing a beat, since kindergarten.


To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

  1. I spent all morning catching up on reading your blog. I haven't read any since May! I am very busy at work but I just didn't feel like doing any today. Your writing certainly was entertaining as usual. You sure have a talent for writing these blogs, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lucy! I'm so glad I could help you muddle through your work day...ha! Your vote of confidence in my skills (or lack of!) is much appreciated. It gives me the will to blog on :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...