Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Reporting from Fort Bragg





Shea spent the last two weeks of his Psyop stint at Fort Bragg, N.C. on what I like to call a "field trip". That's a nice sugarcoated term for it, anyway. Right before tropical storm Hanna hit North Carolina, Shea and his comrades were released out into the wild to play the role of guerrillas that were being hunted down by a Special Forces unit that was in training. He said the storm wasn't bad and it only rained one night which was good enough to give him a good cleansing. I hadn't heard from Shea in two weeks and I wake up yesterday morning to a text picture message via email of him very proudly showing off his beard from his back to nature adventure. No message, but "hey, check out the beard!". Geez, how 'bout a little update every now and then for your mother, son. Well, I got an update from him last night. I might be sorry I ever asked how things were going for our "Army Strong" boy. And here, my friends, is the rest of the story...


Nothing like putting your momma at ease :)

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then click on "Post a Comment" at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...