Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Winter, You Say?

Winter, Winter, Winter...

This is a quote by fellow Doha Tweeter, Naz. Well, it seems that Naz is a bit "jazzed" by the relief in heat and has jumped ship from the blazing summer to insinuate that winter is here. Come on Naz, I just got in from grocery shopping and it was 86F out there. Hardly what I'd call winter. But, then again, what I'd call winter in Southeast Texas is probably also a joke to what fellow Tweeter, Meredith, who hails from "Oh, Canada" would call winter. I guess it is truly all relevant. I will admit there has been a bit of welcomed heat relief this past week, but I haven't seen a report in The Peninsula, yet (I know it's coming, though!), telling us to break out our "woolies". Just for the record, no one in Doha should own anything remotely kin to wool. Trust me on this one. To the contrary though, the second the thermometer dips into the 60's, the woolies will appear along with furry hats and big clunky coats. I'll pass. Somehow those items just get in the way while laying by the pool.

23c = 73.4f

Thanks for providing my post material, Naz. Now, please don't block me for it!

thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...