Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing


I could talk about my 25QR ($6.75) coffee press today that I purchased. I mean I think I could fill a page about how fun it is to load this old timey contraption up with hot water and ground coffee and wait the three minutes for that exhilarating moment when I get to push the plunger down for a perfectly brewed mug of joe. On second thought, who really cares. So, then I thought, well maybe I could talk about how a couple at a local mall here in Doha who were caught sharing a kiss and feeding each other and consequently sentenced to a year in prison, but what's new about that? Or, there's the "tree" encounter I had with my workers yesterday. I heard the chainsaws buzzing early yesterday and knew that trouble was in the air. My tiny front yard has turned into a jungle of late waiting for the village people to roll around and take care butcher it. I caught them in time, but between me, the gardener and the stand in interpreter, I was definitely losing the argument against the cube transformation that was soon to take place on my tree. Nothing else to do, but throw my hands in the air and give in. It's not like it was my first time to lose that battle. So, here we are another day with so much to say, but nothing to talk about. Does anyone really listen to me, anyway? Gotta get. It's time to make the donuts.




thoughts
To read or leave comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...