Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Doha Scenes

While hitting the Doha streets yesterday, Kristi and I, ran across a few sights that I'll share. No, I didn't let missy drive the Jeep outside the compound, but when I emerged from the villa she was in the driver's seat and had already backed out. She's a brave soul to get between me and my baby.

Surely this comes off
(I hope they still love Iraq~They lost to Iran last night)

The helmet is a good move, but bicycling
in a Doha roundabout...NOT!

(especially when I'm on the road driving AND taking pictures)

Interesting football (soccer) sculpture
hanging in City Center
Mall

Ok, so this is just a blueberry bagel from Bread and Bagel at The Beach Tower in West Bay, but you know I can't go too long without mentioning food. While I'm not a bagel connoisseur, I thought it was pretty dang good.

Click to enlarge menu

We're off to Qatar vs China in the Asian Cup tonight. I'm sure the venue will offer many intriguing sights, so hang tight. Pics will be forthcoming. Looking forward, but not to the traffic. Pray for David, please. Patience, my dear, patience.
To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...