Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

In Search of Sleep


Jet lag, I must fight the jet lag


It's day three after crossing nine or so time zones to reach my little corner of the world. You would think after making that trek so many times I would have perfected the abolition of jet lag, but no I sit here as a zombie of living proof. Would that be an oxymoron? Anyway, my usual antidote is to down a couple of benedryl the first few nights no matter how sleepy or tired I am, just to give me a little insurance for the night. It seems to work pretty well, but last night I couldn't leave pretty alone. I opted to go in for the kill and popped a couple of sleeping pills. I woke up every hour on the hour feeling like it had been eight hours since the hour before. Ambien, you suck. So today I've tracked down some melatonin at my local pharmacy, which I have been told by multiple friends that it's the "end all" for jet lag.

On the way to the pharmacy a low tire sensor was activated so I stopped at the punctury for a little air. I noticed that Mohammad has a handy dandy new sign for his "reform of electric cars" business. Times must be good. After getting all pumped up I also noticed that I only get 10.9 miles to the gallon in my Jeep. Don't tell Al Gore, but being that petro is still 80 cents a gallon here (for the super duper good stuff), I don't plan on trading in my gas guzzler anytime soon. Till next time...Sleep tight. I sure hope I do.

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. 80 Cents a gallon??? How sickening is that.... We just rolled over $3 a gallon this past week in places here in Texas.... I just got back from a dentist trip down to Nederland and back today and I took the Suburban. It will be about $70 to fill it back up in the morning...lol.. Only money...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's been at that set price since we arrived here in 2007. We'll be in for a rude awakening when we settle back in the states. I see a Prius in our future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can get some more sleep, Sybil! Jet lag is a bear for me every time too! Melatonin is supposed to be good....I still take it even though one of Eric's colleague's told us it makes you grow horns :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jen! The jet lag is looming, but I did feel a bit of progress when I was only awake from 1:00a.m. to 4:30a.m. last night! Slept till 9:00am after that. I'll take it at this point! I definitely see better nights in my future ;)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...