Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Eid Relief

The Eid holidays are rapidly approaching and we all know what that means...get the hell out of Dodge Doha! Yep, three government imposed holidays with a few of our own equals mandatory vacation. Gosh, I hate when that happens. Needing to use up our accrued Qatar Airways miles before we make our final exodus, I closed my eyes and pointed to the globe to see where we might land. Berlin! Ok, so that was the only thing available for our "miles", but that will work out just hunky dory for us since Prague (Czech Republic) has been on our bucket list for quite some time. A couple days in history laden Berlin, a few days in beautiful Prague, with a stopover in war torn, but reconstructed Dresden is the plan. I'm on top of my game with still eight days from lift off and flights, hotels, and rental car booked. Impressive, huh? Hey, it is for me. Even though the Doha summer hasn't seemed too bad this year, I'm looking forward to the thirty degree cool down. Fall is in the air.


View Larger Map


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...