Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Getting Past the Lag

Remember me? Yes, I am alive and yes, I am in Doha. Getting past the eight hour time zone crossing (aka jet lag) from the U.S. just gets the best of me. Last night was my first nonstop snooze fest...straight thru from 1:00am to 8:00am. Just hoping that's an indicator of more zzzz's to come.

Today was my first day to venture out since my return, so I don't have a lot to report other than that Ramadan is in full swing. One trip to the grocery store and my head is spinning. Everyone and their brother was shopping for their nightly feasts that follow their daylight fasts. Be it the grocery store isle or the Doha streets, my stern word of advice for all is, "Move it or lose it!" These people are hungry and tired letting nothing or no one stand in their way. I'm not one to usually yield to such behavior, but as Kenny Rogers puts it so eloquently to song, You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

Here's the one Doha tidbit I did muster up for you today. This is a picture of the road that runs along our complex. No, Mario Andretti did not retire to Doha, but it looks like a lot of Andretti wannabees have been getting their practice in.


After all one doesn't perfect two wheeling overnight...



(Pulled from the archives~filmed Sept 2008~ for still shots click here)

To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...