Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Qatar Strikes Black Gold

Running across this beautiful advertisement near Katara of the upcoming Doha Tribeca Film Festival is a reminder of how much I'll miss this place. I'm really crossing my fingers that we'll be around at the end of October to be a part of the festival that made its debut here just a couple of years ago. As the billboard points out, "Black Gold" starring Antonio Banderas will make its world premier at this year's event. Yes, Mr. Banderas graced Qatar with his presence earlier this year while filming in the shining white deserts of Mesaieed. If I'm still a card carrying resident come October, I'll be there with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes (if I can score tickets, that is). Hey @DohaFilm, are you listening? What a nice parting gift that would be. Sigh.


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed that you are still there in October so that you can attend this.
    I'm really going to miss reading about your life in Doha - it reminds me so much of when I was there so many quirky things haven't changed a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elaine...I'll take all the finger crossing that comes my way. Yes, QUIRKY is definitely the best description of Doha. Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...