Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's Only Words


I could entertain myself for weeks if I would just go around and collect pictures of all the "saloons" (aka salons) in Doha. I captured a couple yesterday, but saw so many more along the way that I just couldn't shoot and drive without being a danger to society. Remember, it is Ramadan, so I had to be extra careful and be aware of (more than usual) erratic driving. I can hear it now,

"But officer, I had to have a picture of the saloon for man...

...and is that even a man??

Better yet, "Back off Jack, I'm late for my appointment at...
...beuty, is that pronounce "booty"?

So many signs, so little time, which reminds me I gotta get.
Have some dirty clothes I need to drop off at...

...geez, I hope so

Lawdy, lawdy, I shall miss this place!


To read or leave comments, please click on the comments link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I have only just arrived in Doha and one of the first shop signs I saw was the "Istanbul Flower Saloon" which is not a flower shop but a barbers. Who would have guessed that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, love it. The shop signs definitely keep us on our toes! :P:P

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...