Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Final Post on Germany...Promise!

Last Germany post...I promise. I just have to milk these vacations as long as I can, as I can only do so much shopping and so much eating in Doha. Though, we surely do our darnedest to keep up on the latter. I'll sum up our trip to Germany by saying it was right up there at the top of our list. We thought it couldn't get any better than Austria, but Germany definitely vied for that number one spot. The Romantic Road was just that, along with being as quaint and charming as anywhere we've ever visited. Our drive in the Moselle Valley wine region was beautiful with a laid back pace that was much welcomed after our whirlwind tour of nearly every city along Bavaria's Romantic Road. Our last night we spent in a village named Nehren at a bed and breakfast type establishment set in a very small family run vineyard. It was a gamble we took as we were nearing sunset with no place to stay. It ended up being one of our favorite (and cheapest!) overnight stays. Our German proprietor's hospitality was warm and welcoming which was indicative of our entire journey.

I knew I was in trouble when the waiter brought me a plate for "the bones". Since when does a fish "filet" entail bones and eyeballs?!

Driving along the Moselle Valley

Vineyards along the Moselle River

Burg Eltz - Castle construction began in the 10th Century and took nearly 500 years to complete.

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...