Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Motivation Needed

Ok, it's back to the "sandbox" as one of my facebook comrades lovingly refers to Doha. It's not so bad, I guess. Yesterday's weather was amazing and made me look forward to even better to come. We're fixing (pardon my southern) to be in a seven to eight month California like weather pattern. Being that I've never been there, I'll have to accept that correlation as accurate. The weather may be perfect, but Doha's quirkiness, I'm afraid, will continue. (I can't complain, it's gotten me through hundreds of posts on this blog about nothing.) At this very moment, I'm putting off taking the truck in for its scheduled maintenance. I say "scheduled", but unfortunately that just equates to a mileage reference. I dread this whole process. You see, no one around here has normal hours and heaven forbid they answer the phone when you try to call them. I can already see the scenario in my head, "Come back later, madame". I'll ask "when?", and the maintenance tech will bobble his head around for a while like I'm supposed to know what the heck that means. But if this is all I have to go through for my dear sweet husband who works day in and day out in this desert while I sit around eating bon bons, I guess I'll survive. Ah, I'm already getting pumped up about that oil change. I knew you guys could talk me through it. You're the best :P Tata!


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. "Fixing to" is legit, don't apologize. You are simply fixing yourself to leave.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...