Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Weather and Beyond

What's wrong with this picture?  If you're sitting back in the states, you cannot appreciate this type of humidity.  I realize that it gets humid in southeast Texas, but I've lived there.  I know humidity.  This is more like drowning.  This particular report was around 12:30 yesterday afternoon.  It was this bad or worse the night before.

Now, note the weather three hours later at 3:30pm.  The humidity can turn on a dime here and it has been doing so on a regular basis.  Now maybe you can appreciate the fact when I mention how nice the evening air is even though the thermometer may say 106 or 108.  It's all relative, my dear.


Now that I've gotten the weather out of the way, I can't go without a pinhead and patriot segment (so, sue me Bill O'Reilly).

Pinheads: (who only deserve the standard issue Facebook silhouette)

2nd place goes to Serena Williams for her on court antics of berating a line judge during the U.S. Open.  I don't care if her foot was on the line or off the line.  Irrelevant.  Athletes making millions of dollars in front of millions of viewers need to exercise restraint.  They are trained to focus in all situations.  I somehow cannot believe that they cannot behave in a more civil tone. Get a grip.

1st place goes to Kanye West for his asinine behavior of upstaging Taylor Swift receiving her MTV music award.  It's not all about you, West.  To quote Obama, he's a "jackass". Now, that, I can believe in. Props to Beyonce' who graciously invited Taylor back on stage to receive her due recognition.    Bring it down a notch, big headed celebrities.  Your due is coming. 

Patriots:

The winner is Patrick Swayze who lost his battle with pancreatic cancer on Monday.  He was a class act, not only as an actor but as a person.  He was married to his wife, Lisa, for 32 years (unheard of in Hollywood circles) whom he always referred to as his "inspiration".  A wise man.  R.I.P., Mr. Swayze.





thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more! Especially about Serena. I was disgusted that Good Morning America gave her air time to promote her new book today.
    Kudos to sports commentator Mary Carillo for having the guts speak out and say that Serena should NOT have been allowed to play in the womens doubles finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pinheads and patriots segment. I've liked some of Kanye's stuff in the past, but I'm done with him. He's done this bonehead move before, so he's wasted his "oops, I'm sorry" already.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...