Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Reflections

Bless your pea pickin' hearts, another family slide show for your viewing pleasure. Where did the phrase pea pickin' come from, anyway? Well if you claim to know me, you know that you'll know before this post is over! So without any further adieu, pop the corn, sit back, relax, and enjoy our Christmas memories.


And the answer is
: Wikipedia attributes the phrase to Tennessee Ernie Ford. "He earned the nickname "The Ol' Pea-Picker" due to his catch-phrase, "Bless your pea-pickin' heart!" He began using the term during his disc jockey days on KXLA." So now you have the rest of the story.

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...