Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Should I?



It's January 12th...time to remove the Christmas season from the villa. I finally got enough oomph to get'r done. It always looks so empty after doing so, but at the same time such a sigh of relief. Taking away the trees from the patio doors and the front window has let the sunshine back in reminding me that there's a freshly renovated pool waiting on me. It's time to pull out a book, put on my suit and sun glasses and chill out. I'll let you know if I can pull myself off the computer long enough to do such a thing. My neighbor dropped by yesterday to let me know that her neighbor has a live in maid that needs extra work. She knows that I'm the last of a dying breed in Doha that doesn't use a maid. It's such a sad day when I actually do contemplate taking her on so that I can continue playing on the computer and laying by the pool. Well, at least the house would be clean and I could rid my conscience of such worries*. One day I'll be back in Reality, Texas and won't know how to handle it. Don't you worry, I'll be a happy camper as I've discovered in my far away journey that I'm happy wherever I am, whatever I'm doing. Peace out, people!

*term used very loosely

P.S. VOTE!

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...