Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It Was Fun While It Lasted


Sadly for me, this is the last installment under the label "Kids' Christmas Visit 2008". I have to say the times we shared together has exceeded my expectations. If we had all lived under the same roof in the states, we would never have gotten so much visiting in. We all went to the Qatar Open last night for our last hurrah. It was exciting enough that I'm glad that I originally purchased tickets for the wrong date for the kids. David and I have decided that we're ready to go back for some more action. Kristi snagged autographs from Roger Federer and reigning world champion, Rafael Nadal with the help of an avid tennis fan seated next to us. Thanks, Asma! Kristi has a friend back in Austin that plays tennis for St. Edwards to whom she is going to bestow her signed tennis ball. Now, she wants me to do the same for her tonight. David doesn't make as good a partner in crime as she, so I'm not so sure that will happen. As you can see, you're never too far away from camels in this country, as they even attend the tennis tournaments. And one knows that you cannot pass up photo ops with camels!


It's been a great ten plus days kids, but as they say "All good things must end". We are so happy that you joined us to make our holidays extra special. A special thank you is also in order for Ryan. He was such a trooper in handling everything that was thrown his way. Last but not least, thank YOU, THE READERS for joining us on our family adventures. It's always more fun when you are here with us. Ciao!

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the post title at the top. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad y'all had such a good time. It looks like you really crammed in a lot during their stay. Really enjoyed hearing about it all. And I have to say, David kind of looks like the "Unabomber" with his hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention the Unabomber. I said the very same thing. I'm just glad he didn't have his hood on when we went through security!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...