Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Abu Dhabi Bound




Getting ready to head out of town for the weekend to the Red Bull Air Racing that I was telling you about yesterday. You know what that means. No dessert weekend is heading for disaster. That would be starting with the buffet breakfast tomorrow morning at the hotel. Yes, my favorite meal and I will not be passing up any pastries. No doubt, David will take it and run, as well. Hopefully all the corniche walking David and I did this week will help balance the scales. We've gone there in the evening twice this week to walk and it's so pleasant. Last night we walked two miles and took a break to watch the jet skiers. Let's just say there was a whole lot of male testosterone happening out there. Guys zigging and zagging and getting lots of air when hitting the waves that a designated boat was making for them. It was way out of my adventure range, but a lot of fun to watch. I need to go back for pictures when we're there in the daylight hours. To top it off on our two mile walk back a motorcyclist did a wheelie for a good distance down the corniche road amidst the insane city traffic. Such is life in Doha. So, we're out of here to Abu Dhabi to see if we have any competition to worry about.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...