Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blue Skies Smiling at Me





Whew! I've just returned from my 10:30am walk and now I know why those ladies walk at 7:00am. I'm gonna have to start getting my hiney out of bed earlier or I'll be hooking it to the nearest treadmill in our "thank goodness it's air conditioned" weight room. As Ella is so jazzily belting out, there was nothing but blue skies smiling at me (apologies to my hardcore country fans, as I could not find Willie's rendition). The rains, as predicted, wiped out the nasty dusty overhang we've been having for days, and I have the sun and shadows to prove it. David and I made our way to the corniche yesterday evening to soak up some of this new found weather. Before we could even cross the street at the pedestrian traffic light (that stops the traffic immediately when you press the button, cool huh?), David abruptly squeezed my arm saying, "there's your picture!". I'm looking everywhere not realizing what he's talking about and then I spot it. Qatar's own cheerleader (yes, I do have competition). I snapped quickly, because of course my camera was already in my hands, but it was evening time and mystery man was flying by so he came out a bit blurred (just like my first pic of him). After that excitement, we made it over to the corniche to find hundreds of people skating, walking, jogging, or just sitting back enjoying the breezy fresh weather that the rains made way for. Welcome back and please stay for a spell.

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...