Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

March 32nd Follow Up




I was getting ready to post yesterday when I read the article that I, in turn, posted for you. I fell for it...hook, line, and sinker. I mean, we do live in Doha, why not? In my mind, these people can do anything they set their sights on, so why not snow slopes? I was already foaming at the mouth thinking what great fun that would be for entertaining visitors from abroad, but when would it be complete? The Googler in me went to work, and discovered qatarsnowcity.com. Dr. A. F. Ool, are you kidding me? My bubble was burst. No more Arctic "ice caves"? Geez, I'm not usually that gullible. I mean, I'm that annoying person that replies to emails with a snopes.com article debunking the contents of the one received. So, hat's off to the responsible party of that great April Fool's article.

It definitely topped what I was going to talk about. The nasty weather we've been having is all that's going on over here. I think about Dustin when I look at the sand filled skies these days. On my son's first visit here, he thought I was just being facetious when I would say everyday, "Oh, it's such a pretty day, today". All he ever saw his first visit here was beautiful skies, so of course, he just thought I was being a smart A!

So here are a few pics of a not so beautiful Doha that I snapped on the way home from my LuLu adventure a couple of days ago.



The good news is, though maybe a bit dusty, the flowers are still in full bloom and everywhere.





thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...