Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, April 6, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog




Today's song of choice was selected for its smooth flowing tempo, but more for the fact that my iPod went dead during the middle of my walk & I
didn't get to finish the song. As you have guessed, it has no relevance to today's post. Carry on.

Recently I received an email from my dear old friend, Fran, and I do mean old. She hit the big 5-Oh this year. Is that truly the mark of old? Anyway, she said she had been contemplating starting a blog these last few weeks, but was stuck on coming up with a title for it. If this is blogging, I mean bogging her down, she's in for a rude awakening. Maybe, if you don't get into the habit of blogging everyday, it's not so bad. Once you've crossed that line, there's no turning back. You bleed blog. That's my experience, anyway. While I walk, I think blog. While I snap pics, I see blog. While I converse, I envision blog. BLOG, BLOG BLOG! I can't escape it. Like, after I posted the song "Surfer Girl" just a few minutes ago (which I did actually plan while I was walking & yes, my iPod really did die), I thought, "OMG, I should save that song and do a post about Internet surfing and the girl can be me!". You see, it never stops. Blog mode rules. It's a scary abyss. Think hard, Fran, before you take the plunge. Sometimes a post idea hatches and is on paper in a matter of a few minutes, but then I have to conjure up a coordinating song, which may occur instantly or hold my post back for hours while I search for that perfect tune. Sometimes the song comes first and then the blog, sort of like the chicken and the egg. Who knows? And then there are times when I catch myself rambling on and on as I am right now, and then the stress kicks in. Are you feeling my pain, yet? OMG, I gotta go take a chill pill, people. Later!

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



6 comments:

  1. arrgggghhhh i tried to post, but it won't work with me. Anyway, the Title doesn't matter that much, it's all about what is inside the blog itself. Which will make others read it. Like what's happing to me right now. I'm enjoying reading your blog, because it's talking about your day by day life in Qatar and also i'm reading it to improve my enlgish.

    Ohhh i can't stop talking, need a break. this is what i call blogaholic.. need to find a cure for it :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mark of a true writer: if you wake up every day and think of little else but writing.

    This sounds a lot like you Sybil.

    Either way, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, what's going to happen when you come back to the States?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susieq,

    Three things that must happen before returning to life in the States:

    1. We need to get the three remaining kids graduated from college.

    2. Our traveling bucket list needs to be completed (list updated daily)

    3. The U.S. economy has to start rolling, again.

    Hmmm...might be a while

    Blogging in the States? Do you really think you can shut me up just because I live in America :)

    Thanks for the encouragement Naz & Mer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still trying to think of a title. HA! Actually have been too busy with work to get back into it. By the way, Susieq, by the time Syb comes back to the good old USA, she may start having weddings and grandchildren to talk about. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fran, that is so true. It is probably happen sooner than she is ready!! lol

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...