Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Name Game



It's time to play the Name Game!

I think the game according to how the song says to play it would have an interesting twist with the names of the people I greet nearly every day in the complex. Let's see, there's Anoop, Binu, Joe T, Pabell, Yousef, Sakeel, Francisco, Joell, Kumar,and Fat Man (Kumar's name for him...I don't know his real name). Please know that without a doubt I have completely butchered the spelling of their names. It's a laboring task to just remember them, even though I practice daily on my walks when I see them out and about. Some, I don't know their "given" names, except by the names that I have given them like "curved knife man" or "ooh, you really needed braces man". Nevertheless I enjoy seeing all their smiling faces as they garden, sweep, clean, paint, repair, and run all aspects of keeping the premises up to snuff. And, I do appreciate them taking the time to learn our names along with all of the other residents, even if we all have the same names of "ma'am, sir", in that order, never veering off course.

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...