Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Qatar Grand Prix



I hope you all have recovered from the toilet tissue highs of yesterday. We'll move on now to the latest Doha happenings. This weekend the Qatar Grand Prix is in play. It's the first leg of 2009's Class I World Powerboat Championship. David and I rode out to the corniche yesterday and today to catch some of the action. We watched some of their practice runs and then the qualifying rounds. Qatar's own "Spirit of Qatar 95" won the coveted pole position. This afternoon's finals should prove to be even more exciting with all the boats running full force at the same time traveling at speeds of up to 170 miles per hour. We'll be heading out to watch it in just a bit. Here are a few pics from yesterday.







thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...