Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Almost Margaritaville



It's the weekend, so I'm taking it easy today folks, today and everyday this past week. There wasn't a day this week that I rolled out of bed before 8:45am. It's sort of my vacation after vacation week. Oh, never mind, I forgot I am on permanent vacation. As I said yesterday, I am blessed! Don't get mad at me for that. I paid my dues at more soccer games, softball games, basketball games, baseball games, and school functions than you can imagine while slaving away at Jan Girouard & Associates (wink), and being a subservient wife (double wink!) for over a quarter of a century. So don't begrudge me my laziness, celebrate it with me. In the meantime, I will sit here and anticipate your arrival to the wonderful world of retirement.

Retirement in Doha is sort of like Margaritaville... without the Margaritas, that is.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



2 comments:

  1. I don't begrudge you one bit, I'm really happy for you. I wouldn't have such an interesting blog to read daily if you were still slaving away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ENVY you so much. I'm ready for retirement now . . . and I didn't have the 25 years of child rearing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...