Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Friday, March 6, 2009

Small Miracles




People relocating to Doha often ask questions about what the grocery stores have and don't have so as to not be caught off guard when arriving in the country. The latest question I fielded was regarding toilet tissues and paper towels. I think the request was specifically regarding Charmin and Bounty. I practically laughed out loud even though it was totally a legitimate request. I couldn't help but think of the tiny flimsy waxy tissue rolls in our bathroom that take me back to my Catholic elementary school days. It's not that bad, but it's pretty dang near. As for the paper towels, they're a mini version of the Walmart brand towels that just never quite tear at the perforations. I pretty much knew these items could be purchased across town at Mega Mart, the "American" store, but battling the traffic to get there is just not worth it. I suggested that they load their relocation shipment up with these essentials if they found it necessary for the "quicker picker upper". Well, hold the press, wonders never cease. Carrefour now stocks KLEENEX brand toilet tissue and normal sized SCOTT paper towels. What a difference a week makes. Now, if they could just work on growing their chickens a little bigger.



thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...