Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Practice Run


Wow, Ringo is even worse than I remembered him :(

We made our practice run last night to watch AC Milan acclimate themselves to Al Sadd Stadium. Security was doing their job and wouldn't let me into their entrance/dressing room. Hey, you have to try in this country. You absolutely never know what a request may bring. We made our way into the stadium where they had half blocked off for spectators. From across the way we got another look at where our seats are going to be and realized that there may be a problem. We were just too close to the situation during our personal tour the other day and failed to note the built in camera box that's definitely going to be obstructing a lot of the playing field. Such is life. I took a few pictures to see if tomorrow night's game could possibly bring me one decent photo. You know, take five hundred, hope for one great shot? I was really far away and in the upper section for these, so there's a minuscule possibility. Remember, I don't have my new camera, yet. Argghhhhh! Hopefully, Kayla will have it in hand when we meet in Paris. Nonetheless, a few of the players are recognizable and I will settle. We hung around for about an hour and headed to the truck and ran across some really nice red motorcycles lined up in the parking lot. Of course, I asked if I could take a pic and when the gentleman said yes, I pushed my luck a little further and asked if I could get on it. Duh, of course you can. David took my pic on the bike and immediately afterward the three uniformed men jumped in and told David to take another pic. Unfortunately, the flash bounced right off all the reflective decals and ruined the picture. I did check out the ISF initials on the motorcycles this morning, which I had no clue last night what they meant. Internal Security Forces...now, isn't that special.

Our tickets are for the cream colored section.






thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. You are lucky you are adorable!! Surely you should have been arrested by now! ;-) You're awesome! Enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...