Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Winding Down in Lucerne


We Came,

We Saw,

We Conquered!











But, we're not quite done. One last evening to enjoy the six of us together. Over lunch today at the top of Mount Pilatus, we rehashed some forgotten and some not so forgotten childhood memories of the kids'. There were some that were shared that David and I never knew about to begin with. Some things are just better left unsaid! The stories were bringing tears of laughter to everyone at the table, probably something that would not have happened if they would have told it "back in the day". Anyway, the cable car and gondola ride up to the mountain was unbelievable. If I would have known what I was getting myself into, I'm sure I would not have gone. I was petrified on the way up, but by the time the return trip came around I had settled down. Heights have never been my forte. David, Shea, Dustin and Kristi opted to sled down the mountain for a little thrill seeking. Kayla and myself weren't feeling quite so adventurous. When we heard the stories after the four got back, we realized that we were indeed the only ones with any sense in the bunch. Bottom line: They survived, conquered and lived to tell about it. Lucerne is beautiful and is on my list to come back to if the opportunity ever arises.





thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. Syb: Don't be so hard on yourself! As the saying goes, it's better to be safe than sorry! It would be nice to have you back in Doha safe and sound! Glad to know you all had a BLAST, again!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...