Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cagey Conditions

Can you take one more construction picture? I mean, it is the most in your face thing happening in this country, besides the humidity that rolled in yesterday sending the heat index up to 123F. We canceled our 6:00pm corniche walk routine due to the humidity factor...yeah, just call us wimpy. There's something about lungs and water that just doesn't mix for me. I'd say I can't wait to get to the states for cooler weather, but it seems Texas is having a record breaking heatwave that rivals Doha's intense temps. Joy. Anyway, back to the construction. I was in a little traffic backup last week and looked up to see this cage crossing above the street via crane. It looked a little different than usual. There were workers in it, and this wasn't your typical "construction people lifter mover whatchamacallit".

Checkout the zoomed in pic I cropped to get the full effect of the perils that these guys are facing. Now, say a little prayer for those that work in these dangerous jobs and severe heat conditions daily around the world and thank your luck stars that it's not you. Amen.


thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

  1. I got in my car after work yesterday and it said 111 degrees! By the time I got my camera phone out to take a pic, it was down to 108. I think it made it's way down to 104 or so. It's a scorcher here.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...