Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WARNING!!

BYOM (Bring your own milk)

I'm not a happy camper at the moment. Paul (restaurant) at Landmark charged me for the milk in my coffee at breakfast this morning. I kid you not. "American coffee with milk please"...."That will be QR5 ($1.37) extra, madame". Are you kidding me?! Isn't milk with coffee an automatic, even in the land of sand? What's this side of the world coming to? My friend ordered a cappuccino, milk included, for the same amount of money. What's the reasoning for this madness? You can drive like an idiot, break in front of me in the grocery line (if you live through the process), tell me that low fat milk is "same same" as skim milk, but do not charge me for milk in my coffee. I will pay QR100 to sip tea at The Ritz, but I repeat, do not charge me for milk in my coffee. Can you feel my anger. The more I think about it, the angrier I get. I should have headed to Carrefour when the waiter informed me of this highway robbery and bought a jug of my own and set it on the table. Aah, hindsight.

Review: As much as I hate to say it, other than ripping me off for an ounce of milk (not even steamed!), eating at Paul is a nice experience with fresh croissants to die for.

Pricing: Three eggs, bread basket (w/croissant), coffee (NO MILK), juice = QR39

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...