Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

92 Degrees and Climbing



I mentioned earlier in the week that summer was going to hit in full force. Well, here are a couple of signs showing just that. Yes, 92 degrees on this last day of February. I know it's way to early to start complaining, but it's the news of the hour. Note the curtains below that the NEW Madina Khalifa grocery has installed outside their windows and doors to ward off the killer sun. When I find the OLD store, I'll let you know.

Since we're on the subject of new and old, I found this pic in my archives.

Same here...I'll let you know when I find the not so modern dry cleaners.

Side note: David and I had breakfast at American Grill this morning and ran into the Stevemeister! Remember, the D.C. guy that was moving here with his family? He recognized me from the blog and introduced himself. What a small world . Welcome to Doha!

thoughts
To read comments, please click on the thoughts box above. Thanks!



1 comment:

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...