Our five year adventure in Doha, Qatar ended June 1, 2012, but the memories will always remain. It's back to Texas where I have decided...Qatar isn't cornering the market on "quirky", as I once believed. Thanks for opening my eyes to the world, Doha!

Monday, December 8, 2008

Who is this Flagged Man?




I don't know what this scene is all about, but I think it's one of the funniest things we've encountered in Doha, thus far. I can't help but think, "Forrest Gump" when I look at this character. You know it's killing me that it's blurred and that I wasn't fully prepared for the photo session. Aaarrgh, I'm so anal about that. We had just left City Center Mall where we had eaten lunch (Nando's, yum!) and had done our share of people watching as we sat at Starbucks sipping our coffee. Little did we know what treasure was waiting out on the streets. He was a good humored gentleman that gave me a big thumbs up and a "THANK YOUUUUU!" as I snapped his picture from our car window. He sailed off into the sunset, never to be seen again. Isn't that the way the story is supposed to end?


Follow up: You know me, I couldn't stand not knowing the scoop on this guy. I enlisted a local forum here in Doha to help me out. CLICK HERE to see what"Qatar Living" had to say.

To leave a comment, click on the title of the post and then enter text in box.

1 comment:

  1. We call him the disguised guy (hope this is the right spelling) and he used to work in the army or police not sure, but he end up doing those stuff with cars and bikes.

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing your comments. Go ahead make my day, be it the good, the bad, or the ugly...